How do I take and where do I find screenshots?

Note: In addition to the following information, if you’re on PC you can alternatively install a tool to take and upload screenshots with a single button press, for more information, check out this post: How to upload screenshots via a keybind with ShareX

Steam

How to take screenshots

By default the shortcut key is F12. If that doesn’t work, in the Steam client go to Steam > Settings > In-Game and make sure “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” is checked (you can also change the keybinding here and disable the screenshot sound if you would like).

How to find the screenshot folder

Once you have taken a screenshot, “Post-Game Summary” should appear under the Dead by Daylight page in your Steam library. Right click on one and in the window that opens, click “Show on Disk”. I’d recommend pinning this folder to the quick access pane.

Windows Store

How to take screenshots

The Windows/Xbox Game Bar allows you to take screenshots with Windows + Alt + PrtScn. You can enable it or change the keybind by opening Settings and clicking on “Gaming”.

How to find the screenshot folder

By default screenshots are saved to a folder called “Captures” in your “Videos” folder. You can move File Explorer to move the Captures folder somewhere else if you wish.

Other Platforms

I’m not familiar with the screenshot processes of other platforms though I know people are uploading games from most of them. If you know more about any of them and would like to help me add to this guide, please reach out on Discord.