In order to make NightLight sustainable as the site grows and to potentially reward me with some tea and scones for my efforts, NightLight has a £3 a month membership available on Ko-fi. This membership should be viewed as a donation with some rewards as a thank you rather than an actual product.
As we live in a world where server costs exist, I decided to make Supporter a way for me to provide things that directly increase my costs - such as storing matches for longer. I think this combined with some more advanced and cosmetic features strikes a reasonable balance between incentivising support and not limiting the core experience.
- Increased Match History (60 ➔ 720 days)
Custom colour username & Supporter Badge
- Customisable Profile Header Character
- Supporter Role & Channel in the Discord & equivelent on the Forum
- Public Profile Bio (automatically taken from the forum. Example: Boop's Stats - NightLight)
- Higher batch upload limit (20 ➔ 50)
- 20 Custom Tags
If you visit ko-fi.com/britishboop/tiers you’ll find a Membership which you can join for £3 a month. After becoming a member, you should be able to see a link on the Membership page. Clicking this link will tell NightLight to go and look for your membership (which is why it’s crucial your username is the same as on NightLight).
- Make sure you have joined the NightLight Discord
- Visit https://ko-fi.com/Discord/Settings
- Click “Connect Your Discord User”
If you go to ko-fi.com/settings?tab=profile you should be able to correct your name. Once you’ve done that, send me a DM through Discord or the Forums and I’ll get your perks sorted out.
For the sake of simplicity, these are automatically taken from the forum. As you sign into the forum with your NightLight account, any changes to your forum profile will be reflected on your NightLight Public Profile through the power of magic… or well, a few lines of code.
Here’s direct links to where you can configure each of these:
- Avatar: forum.nightlight.gg/my/preferences/account
- Bio: forum.nightlight.gg/my/preferences/profile (the “About Me” field)
I just want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has checked out the site and an even bigger thank you to those of you who like it enough to become a Supporter. The fact I can work on a project I love and push things further without having to worry about the bill at the end of the month is something I’m incredibly grateful for. I really look forward to adding more to the site for both free users and supporters.