Moving to Ko-fi

Hey all, I’ve decided to move from Buy Me a Coffee to Ko-fi. A few issues have arisen since I added the option to support NightLight which have prompted me to look for alternatives.

If you’re currently supporting the site through Buy Me a Coffee, things will continue to work for the time being. However, if you wish to swap to Ko-fi, you are welcome to do so.

Before I go any further, I want to say that I’m sure BMAC fits many people’s needs and expectations well, it just doesn’t quite fit my rather specific ones. Here’s what you can expect from the new and improved integration with Ko-fi:

• You no longer need to click a link to claim your perks
  • You’ll now receive the perks if your username or email matches what you have set on NightLight
  • Perks will be granted instantly (providing your username or email match) with no need to sign out and back in
  • As the integration works differently, it should avoid the issues there have been syncing perks with BMAC

Aside from those reasons, there are a couple of other factors that have left me not entirely satisfied with BMAC, I think given everything, moving to Ko-fi is best choice going forward.

Thank you to everyone who supports NightLight or has done so previously, your support makes the site possible.

1 Like