2023-04-04 Release Notes - NightLight Desktop 0.2.x

Features:

• Added a pack variant system to help declutter the pack’s list (it can be configured via the new pack Settings option on the My Packs page). When a pack has a primary variant set, it will no longer appear as it’s own entry in the pack list but instead appear as an option under the primary pack in the new variant UI. Users can cycle between pack variants to view/install as them as they otherwise would. Currently: Searching will also search variants but the primary pack will be displayed with the primary variant selected. The same thing will happen when using a link to view a pack (i.e. nightlight://packs/). Also, packs are currently sorted by their primary variant’s metadata. I have plans to improve on all of these limitations as well as the general UI for it - any feedback is of course, welcomed.

• Added the ability to update packs. This system is slightly complex, it will work out the difference in the selected pack folder compared to the uploaded pack and only upload that. This will ultimately form a pack changelog system (though my sanity is debating whether it’ll be worth it :smile:). Packs/updates can now also be deleted if they’re still in a pending state (i.e. haven’t been reviewed yet). After they’re been reviewed they get merged into the existing pack and undoing it gets slightly more complicated so it isn’t possible yet. Deleting the pack entirely isn’t possible through the UI but I can do so manually if you reach out.

• Added pack & supported Dead by Daylight version options (which are both now displayed on the pack list UI). As with the pack name/description these can only be updated through the app if icons are as well. If you want these adjusting otherwise, please reach out. Existing packs which contain their version in the name will also contain it in their URL which ordinarily can’t be changed, if you’ve done this, please reach out and as I’ve prepared some magic to work around it.

Fixes/smaller changes:

• Added the pack’s last update date to the “last updated” tooltip and the creation date to the downloads tooltip in the form of “downloads since”
  • Added a “no packs found” message for when filtering results in no packs
  • Increased the default pack page count to 12
  • Removed the default icon pack from the pack list
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Offerings from being shown/installed
  • Enabled other icon types
  • Fixed the direction of the various sort options
  • Fixed the pack list’s page not resetting after applying filters
  • Fixed an issue which resulted in unexpectedly formatted pack URLs
  • Unapproved packs now show on the “My Packs” list
  • Changed the default sort of “My Packs” to last updated
  • Fixed an issue which caused clicking links that open in the browser to cause the app to return to it’s “home” page
  • Enabled happiness

Nightlight Desktop 0.2.1:

• Added client side file content type checking on the uploader to ensure those png’s are who they say they are :male_detective:
  • Fixed an issue which could cause the pack preview to not have a selected tab after swapping packs
  • Fixed an issue caused the addon to error
  • Allowed more characters & spaces in variant names
  • Variants are now sorted consistently
  • The pack version input is more flexible in what it accepts

NightLight Desktop 0.2.2

• Fixed a potential issue when installing packs that have been updated through the new updating system
  • Added client side content type validation for banner images