2023-05-01 Release Notes - NightLight Desktop 0.3.x

Note: This update adds automatic path detection for DbD installs through the Epic Games Launcher. As part of this, the app now supports seperate installation paths for each PC store.

If you used the app prior to this update then to avoid potential confusion now and with future features, it will try to work out which store the existing path was from.

If for some reason it can’t work it out, you will need to set the path again. This should only happen with Windows Store paths which it can’t yet detect - please let me know if it happens with Steam or Epic. I apologise for any inconvenience.

Features:

• Added detection for Epic Games Store installations
  • Added support for seperate Dead by Daylight paths for each platform (if you have multiple, a selector will appear on the installer to choose which it uses)
  • Added installation path verification
  • Added some opening screen content

Changes:

• Improved the updating logic to try and sort the issue some people have been facing
  • Swapped to a different method of restarting after updates to hopefully avoid upsetting some AV software
  • Removed the requirement for 4 perks or portrait icons specifically to upload a pack
  • Clicking a pack’s banner will now also open it’s preview
  • Improved the pack error UI and moved some less critical issues into a pack warning section
  • Added a client side check for file & pack size which is set to 1 and 200 MB respectively. Packs shouldn’t run into these unless there’s an issue.
  • Various other UI adjustments & fixes

Bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue which could allow the pack list to not correctly scale when adjusting the window size or in some cases, swapping pages
  • Fixed an issue which prevented some pack banner images from loading
  • Fixed the sidebar support message appearing for the awesome folks who are supporting the project on Ko-fi
  • Fixed a couple of UI sizing/spacing issues with the pack featured icon selector
  • Fixed a couple of edge cases with the pack uploader
  • Fixed the curious case of the mostly missing logout button

Nightlight Desktop 0.3.1:

Changes

• Pack links now reference the website instead (i.e. nightlight.gg/packs/<pack> instead of nightlight://packs/<pack>. Both versions are still fuctional but the latter can’t be made clickable in Discord & won’t work regardless for users without the app installed).
  • The pack list will now scroll to the top when changing page

Bug Fixes

• Fixed the Settings page’s layout on widescreens
  • Fixed a broken docs link (I know… first release and there was already a broken link… :roll_eyes:)
  • Added a missing check for the file size of pack banners

NightLight Desktop 0.3.2:

Changes

• Added Store Backgrounds

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Auric Pack Previews
  • Fixed an issue which would cause icon category tags to persist after all icons of a type were removed from a pack

NightLight Desktop 0.3.3:

Changes

• Added the icons & info for the 7.0.0 PTB