2024-01-30 Auto-Capture available to all!

The day is finally here, auto-capture functionality in NightLight Desktop is now available to everyone!

This feature is something I know many of you have wanted for a long time and I’m really happy to be finally sharing it with you all today. For those of you who aren’t familiar, the idea is for the app to automatically screenshot the end game scoreboard & upload it for tracking your stats with NightLight. Until now, it’s pretty much just been a case of having to remember to press your screenshot key every match which, well, sucks. NightLight Desktop should save your screenshot key the wear & you the frustration of clicking out of a match only to realise you forgot to screenshot.

Once a screenshot is captured, the app will play a sound (which can be disabled) and you can follow the upload progress of it in app. When it’s recognised you can use the improved match review process to review it without needing to visit the website.

Supporters have been testing it for the last 3 weeks and the feedback has been great, that being said, there will be a lot more of you trying it so I wouldn’t be too surprised if something doesn’t quite work - let me know if it doesn’t and I’ll do my best to sort it!

For more information, check out the docs: docs.nightlight.gg/autocapture/, and the beta announcement post: forum.nightlight.gg/t/2024-01-09-auto-capture-early-access/4022.

1 Like